Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I can't believe I'm basically done here in the MTC!  It flew by so fast!  I had my last class today with my teachers and it was really sad.  They were honestly the best teachers I could have had and I was so blessed to have them.  I got a few pictures with them so I'll make sure to send some photos before I leave for Uruguay.

Life has been really crazy this last week!  It is really busy because of General Conference and other meetings we will attend since we're leaving this Monday.  I'm super nervous to leave for Uruguay but am also really excited.  I've learned a ton of Spanish but I still feel like I don't know anything.  The Lord is gonna have to help me quite a bit with the language down in Uruguay!

Yes, I have seen Elder David Archuleta. He's in my building on the same floor as the Italians, so when I check on them every night, I catch a glimpse of Elder Archulleta as I'm doing so.  I haven't talked to him yet - I'll try before I leave!  He seems like a really nice and down-to-earth kid.

It's crazy that I've been gone for 9 weeks.  It's gone by really quick.  On Wednesday, I hosted Taylor Nelson [Dad: a friend of Zach's from Mapleton].  It was crazy!!  He pulled up to my station and I just started laughing and his dad started crying!  It was a really cool experience and I was really happy to host someone I knew.  Also, before I hosted Taylor I hosted a kid from Tempe, Arizona.  He said his name was Elder Arredondo!  He went to McClintock High School.  I asked him if he was related to my cousin Michael Arredondo and found out they were second cousins!  Anyway, it was a crazy day and it was cool to host both Elder Arrendondo and Elder Nelson!

Well, I'm doing awesome and am healthy! I can't wait to talk to you guys on Monday!