Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Friday, March 2, 2012

Today I had one of the most amazing P-days!  We went to the temple.  After we were changing we discovered the temple cafeteria.  The food was absolutely amazing!  (Just because I think we were all used to the MTC food. Not even comparable to your cooking, momma!). Anyway, we all were in heaven and left with full stomachs. Our district is gonna do it every week now!

My companion Elder Hicks is a great example to me and I look up to him. He's really active and loves the outdoors. He rock climbs, hikes, skydives, and does ice climbing. He basically does it all. I can't remember if I took a picture of one of the pictures he has here in our room, but anyway he had the longest hair in high school! Its hilarious! He looks like a chick and I remind him of that every day. Anyway, he's a stud.

It's crazy how quickly time is starting to go by. I can't believe I've been here for a month. It seems like I just got here!  On the first day I got here they gave us these planners. We're supposed to plan out our whole day and write every single little detail.  It stinks sometimes but I can see it helping me stay on task during the days, so it's good.  Anyway, the first day I wrote on the top right corner of my page "Be Positive, Be Happy, Smile!"  I've done this everyday I've been here and write it on basically everything.  My roommates and district tease me about it, but it honestly helps. I see it everywhere and it helps me maintain that attitude. Whenever I'm having a hard time and I see that little saying it boosts my confidence and I always try and smile no matter what.  It's really helped me a lot!

Our Italian district left for Italy 3 days ago. They were all excited and ready to leave. However, one Italian elder won't leave until this next week (something happend with his visa).  He was kinda frustrated.  However the night the Italians left Elder Holland came to the MTC and gave all the missionaries an AMAZING talk! He laughed thinking of his buddies missing that talk. Elder Holland is amazing and you can just feel his fire about missionary work, but you can also feel his love for all of us. He is an amazing person and one of my favorite apostles.

Our zone leaders were in the Italian district so they had to replace them with new zone leaders. Me and Elder Hicks were called to be the new zone leaders last Sunday. We have a lot of responsibilities and are even more busy than we were the last couple of weeks, which is hard to imagine - but it's all good. It's a fun calling and we have fun working with our branch presidency.

OK, well I'm doing awesome and I'm healthy.  I weighed myself the other day and I'm still the same.  I haven't gained or lost anything...lame!  So anyway, don't worry about me, all is well.  I love you guys!  I am so blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday.  I'll talk to you soon!