Excerpts

Excerpts from Zach's letters:

Friday, March 23, 2012

Today we should be getting our flight plans. My whole district is super excited but the five missionaries that are supposed to go to Argentina don't have their visas yet and we heard they might be reassigned ... they are kinda bummed. I'll let you know what my flight plans are. I will try and send another email tonight and let you know what's going on.

Elder Oaks and his wife came and spoke to us on Tuesday. He is an amazing man, but I was really impressed by his wife. She just had surgery on her foot but she still wanted to come speak to the missionaries.  She told us how much she loves the missionaries and said she wouldn't miss coming and speaking to us for the world. She was really kind and spoke to us like a mother. I felt like I was sitting in her living room and she was just giving me motherly advice. She was awesome! Elder Oaks
talked about how the sacrament is important. I loved it because I feel like many of us forget about the importance of the sacrament. He said in order to be an effective missionary you need to take the sacrament regularly and appropriately.  It was a pretty short talk but it was awesome. I love when a general authority walks in.  You can just feel the power that is in the room. The devotionals are awesome and I always look forward to them!

By the way, a funny story happened this week.  When Elder Barlow and I went to take showers, one of us (we don't know who, or someone just wont admit it!) closed the door to our room so we were locked out. We were in nothing but a towel for an hour trying to find someone to open our door! We looked like first day missionaries here in the MTC even though we've actually been here for like 8 weeks. Our district thought it was hilarious that the zone leaders looked like idiots walking around with just our towels on racing around for someone to help us. It was not that funny at the moment, but looking back now it really was.

Well, I'm doing awesome! I love you guys and I'll talk to you soon!

***

[Email later that night:]

My flight plans are:

April 2, 2012
     LV: Salt Lake City, UT  7:10 a.m.
     AR: Chicago/O Hare, IL  11:10 a.m.
     LV:Chicago, IL  3:25 p.m.
     AR: Miami, FL  7:45 p.m.
     LV: Miami, FL  11:05 p.m.
     AR: Montevideo, Uruguay  9:10 a.m.

Those are the plans! I can call you from the airport, so I'm excited. They'll give us more information later.  My next P-day is this Thursday, not Friday.  By the way, my district is hosting again next week and David Archuletta is arriving, so I might have a chance of being his escort!  And as an added bonus, he will be living in my same building!