It's crazy that Alex will be reporting to the Argentina MTC
this Wednesday! You need to send me his address so I can write him a letter. And tell him not to worry about the cold. I've heard it's been really hot in Argentina. Anyway, it's crazy that the whole "Ruckus Crew" is
splitting up!
Anyway, here in Canelones we had an AMAZING week! We found a
ton of new people to teach the gospel! We found one man doing door contacts
named Mario. He told us that his life is horrible and that he needs help. He
has had a lot of trials in his life and doesn´t understand why. He says at times he is angry with God. We have taught him three lessons already and you can see the hope
that´s in his eyes that he didn't have before. We also found a lady named
Silvia. We were doing door contacts when we found her. She told us that she has
been praying a lot this last week because she has had some family problems. She told us that as she opened the door and saw our smiling faces she knew we
were an answer to her prayer. We have taught her three lessons this last week, too.
She is awesome and has the desire to change her life! We have had a great week and have been teaching the gospel to many! It's awesome and I´m loving
it!
Dad, you told me you are writing a talk for church about being truly converted unto the Lord, Jesus Christ. This Christmas every missionary
got a package from the First Presidency with a talk from Elder Corbridge of the
Seventy called "The Fourth Missionary." It talks a lot about the desires of
our heart and how we must learn to change the desires of our heart in this life. It is
Buenísimo and I encourage you to read it! That´s something
that I´ve really learned a lot on the mission thus far - how I must change the desires of my heart to be in harmony with the teachings of Jesus
Christ. I´ve had many experiences where, as I have forgotten about my own desires and wants, I've actually gained a lot more happiness. It's interesting to
think that as we change the desires of our heart to be more in line with the teachings of Jesus Christ and submit ourselves to the will of God, that is when we actually find true happiness.
Anyway, this week has been crazy busy! I´m loving every
second of it. Well, I love you and I can´t wait to hear back from you! Oh, and a
quick note. Next week my p-day is Tuesday, not Monday. For some reason next week
we have to change our p-day to Tuesday. This is just for next week. After
next week, it will go back to Monday. So Mom, don't freak out if you don't get an email from me next Monday! I love you.